City of Sandwich City Council met Oct. 28.
Here is the agenda provided by the council:
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Consent Agenda: Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as a whole. (All matters listed are considered to be routine by the City Council and will be enacted by one motion. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered separately).
(1) Approval of Minutes from the Regular Meeting of October 14th, 2019
(2) Approval of Minutes from Committee-of-the-Whole Council Meeting of October 21st, 2019.
(3) Approval of October Semi-Monthly Bills in the total amount of $ 60,815.67
(4) Ordinance 2019-09 entitled “An Ordinance Amending Chapter 30, Fire Prevention and Protection, Section 30-2, Fireworks; Explosives, of the City of Sandwich Municipal Code” presented for passage. Ordinance amends the Municipal Code for administration of the adjudication process.
(5) Ordinance 2019-10 entitled “Ordinance Amending Chapter 50, Offenses and Miscellaneous Provisions, Article IV, Offenses Against Property, Division 1, Generally, Section 50-82, Damaging Property; Trespass; Parental Responsibility, of the Municipal Code of the City of Sandwich, Illinois” presented for passage. Ordinance updates the Municipal Code for administration of the adjudication process.
(6) Ordinance 2019-12 entitled “An Ordinance Amending Chapter 50, Offenses Against Morals, by Addition of Section 50-134 “Truancy”, to the Municipal Code of Sandwich, Illinois” presented for passage. Ordinance updates the Municipal Code to add truancy to the adjudication process.
(7) Ordinance 2019-13 entitled “An Ordinance Granting Amending 98-38 ‘B-1 Local Retail Business District” Removing Drive-In Windows as a Special Use in the B-1, B-2, and B-3 Zoning Districts in the City of Sandwich” presented for passage.
(8) Ordinance 2019-14 entitled “An Ordinance Amending Section 98-48 “M-2 General Manufacturing District’ to Allow Constructor’s Shops as a Permitted Use in the M-2 Zoning District” presented for passage.
Items to be Removed from the Consent Agenda
(1) Memorandum of Agreement “Regarding the Cost & Operations of Dispatching Services in DeKalb County” presented for approval. The 20-month agreement will take effect on November 1, 2019. The initial contract costs for the period of November 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020 will be $13,333 per month, and the fee for July 1, 2020 – June 2021 will be $13,750 per month.
(2) Appointments: Appointments names for the Sandwich Police Commission & Sandwich Police Pension
(3) Bologna Day Proclamation: Proclamation honoring the City of Bologna on October 24, 2019.
(4) Executive Session for pending litigation under 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(11) Foster, Buick, Conklin & Lundgren Law Group: City Clerk:
Director of Public Works Engineer Horak:
(1) 2019 Gletty Road Cleanup Project: Recommendation to award the contract to Wilkinson Excavating Inc. of Somonauk, IL in the amount of $155,000.00. Funds are to be expended from line item 010.0000.90.6805 of the 2019/2020 budget.
(2) 2019 Brush Pickup Program: The 2019 Brush Pickup Program ends in October. The last pickup in each ward is as follows. Monday, October 28: Ward 4
(3) 2019 Subbasins A & E Sanitary Sewer Evaluation Survey: Presentation of the sanitary sewer system smoke testing and manhole inspection results scheduled for Monday, November 4, 2019 at the Committee-As-A-Whole meeting.
Alderwoman Chmielewski: Alderman Dell:
Alderwoman Killey: Finance committee will meet immediately following the COW meeting of November 4th, 2019.